How much does counseling cost?

You ask, I answer.

Paying for couples or individual counseling shouldn’t be a guessing game, and I want to be up front with how much counseling costs.  I will answer your question about how it works at my office in San Diego, CA. My goal is to help you budget for your counseling sessions ahead of time, as well as giving you options to pick the right therapist for your situation. 

One of the main questions I get is, “How much does Counseling cost?”

Here are four options that we provide at Estes Therapy in San Diego:


  • Option 1: $200 per session: You can meet with Jennine Estes (that’s me!), a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, for $200 per therapy session and each session is for 50-minutes long. Some people meet with me once a week, other people meet with me every other week or once a month. It all depends on your particular needs, goals set in counseling, and financial situation.
  • Option 2: $150-175 per session: You can meet with a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist for $150-175 per 50-minute counseling session - fee differs depending on therapist.  The interns receive my direct supervision and I over see each clinical case…basically you are paying for two therapists to focus on your situation at the cost of one intern.  Meet the interns
  • Option 3: $125 per session: You can meet with an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (graduated with their master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and currently working on gaining their clinical hours for licensure in California) for $125 per 50-minute counseling session. Two of our Associates are also currently pursuing a doctoral degree at Alliant International University in San Diego.  The associates receive my direct supervision and I over see each clinical case…basically you are paying for two therapists to focus on your situation at the cost of one associate.  
  • Option 4: Low Fee $60 for low-income families (limited spots available). We don’t let money stand in the way from getting the help you need.  We offer several low fee/low cost slots with high quality therapy services for all individuals in San Diego. No matter where you stand financially, we are here to help you get what you want in life. Our low-fee slot is with a Clinical Mental Health Counseling graduate trainee - meaning she is currently enrolled in graduate school while accruing hours. 
Please call to discuss our counseling services further 619-558-0001.  


The associates are supervised by Jennine Estes, MFT#47653.




Popular Posts